US Squash works with and helps to support NUSEA, also known as Urban Squash. NUSEA is the official charity of US Squash, and a portion of all US Squash program proceeds benefit Urban Squash organizations which run after-school enrichment programs to help motivated and talented young people from economically disadvantaged households fulfill their academic, athletic and personal potential.
Urban Squash programs are an intensive, year-round commitment that includes squash, tutoring, mentoring, community service, travel, culture, high school placement, employment training and college prep.
Since 2006, US Squash has provided more than $50,000 to Urban Squash programs across the country. Each season, US Squash also provides more than $30,000 in value of in-kind services to NUSEA in support of its mission.
NUSEA’s ultimate aim is to oversee the creation and longevity of Urban Squash programs so that thousands of young people across America benefit every day from our athletic, educational and community enrichment activities. The results are already impressive:
- 1,000 students from Boston, Harlem, Philadelphia, Bronx, Chicago, New Haven, San Diego, Baltimore, and Denver.
- 100 percent of urban squash students graduate from high school.
- 93 percent of urban squash graduates go on to earn a college degree.
- 10 U.S. cities currently impact the lives of kids every day through urban squash and education programs
- $10 million in private high school and college scholarships awarded to 150 urban squash graduates