Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Squash position. The assistant coach is a full time, 9 month per year position without benefits. The assistant coach assists the head coach in all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III squash program. The assistant coach is primarily involved in coaching, recruiting, meet management, and various other administrative tasks as assigned by the head coach. The position requires an understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment. Requires night and weekend work, and overnight travel to away meets and tournaments. The assistant coach takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Assists with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork
- Analyzes performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction
- Evaluates opponents and develop meet strategies
- Assists in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
- Participates in scouting and recruits prospective student-athletes
- Helps monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes application process
- Helps coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits
- Compliance with College, NESCAC, CSA, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Performs any and all other related duties as assigned or directed by the head coach
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A valid driver’s license and successful credentialing is required in order to operate College vehicles
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (e-mail and/or telephone number) for three professional references.Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college’s community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college’s scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qjwxmtqkjqzbv7fb