US Squash is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which serves as the only national governing body and membership organization for the sport in the United States. It is seeking a person motivated by the organization’s mission to serve in the role of Membership & Marketing Manager for the Arlen Specter US Squash Center.
Responsible for the development and implementation of the Specter Center sales and marketing objectives, promotions and public relations related to the enrollment process for new members-partners. Further, this appointment is responsible for keeping member-partners, stakeholders and the community informed of news, updates and introduction of services and programs by utilizing multiple platforms including newsletters, website, social media, monitors and other collateral.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Collaborates with the General Manager and other Specter Center and US Squash leadership to develop the Specter Center sales and marketing plan and establishes goals to ensure growth in net member-partners and monthly/annual fees.
2. Generates and maintains a prospect inventory to support sales plans by acquiring referrals from existing member-partners and via external marketing campaigns.
3. Forecasts and manages departmental expenses.
4. Recommends and develops collateral in collaboration with the General Manager and US Squash Senior VP of Operations & Communications for general updates and program news.
5. Responsible for the formation and function of a Member-Partnership Committee that strives to generate prospective new member-partners.
6. Represents the Specter Center in the community to provide awareness and develop a source for prospective new member-partners.
7. Collaborates with the General Manager, Program Director and other leadership to ensure new programs are introduced in a timely, effective and creative way to maximize participation.
8. Coordinates all aspects of promotions and the enrollment process:
a. Prepares and updates all marketing materials.
b. Prepares member-partnership information packets (electronically).
c. Meets with prospective member-partners to gather initial information, answer questions and provide tours.
d. Extends invitations to candidates following referrals.
e. Audits new member-partner files to ensure accurate completion of all necessary forms (ie. member profile, application, waivers, etc.)
f. Prepares membership and issues cards.
g. Ensures new member-partners receive a proper orientation and sign-off on Specter Center policies.
9. Develops all necessary communications for Member-Partner announcements as deemed necessary by the management team.
10. Helps ‘tell the story’ of the Specter Center’s community outreach programs and shares successes to the member-partners and key stakeholders.
11. Provides special event support for member-partnership related functions.
12. Provides member-partner services including updating records/profiles, email addresses, processes resignations and category changes, issues guest passes, minor accounting issues, tracks membership growth and sales program results.
13. Develop communications, up to and including newsletter and weekly email updates.
14. Provide administrative support for other Specter Center departments upon approval
of the General Manager.
15. Contribute to overall Specter Center and US Squash team effort by completing additional duties as assigned.
1. Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications or equivalent experience.
2. At least three years’ experience in membership sales in a club or membership driven business.
3. Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5. Previous experience managing a departmental budget.
6. Expertise with Microsoft Office applications and various forms of social media platforms. Experience with Desktop Publishing is preferred.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary including some evenings and weekends when required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Salary offered to be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Health, dental, vision and retirement benefits included, and relocation support in housing, schools, and other family circumstances to be taken into consideration.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23, 2020.
LOCATION AND BACKGROUND:
US Squash is building the world’s finest squash center to be a home for the sport in the U.S. Opening in Philadelphia this fall on the campus of Drexel University, the Specter Center will feature eighteen singles courts—including two all-glass exhibition courts—and two doubles courts, and offer athletes state-of- the-art development resources including a High Performance Center with the most advanced training and analytics tools available. The facility will house a community engagement-focused Learning & Innovation Center, the U.S. Squash Hall of Fame, and serve as US Squash’s national headquarters.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.