Boston – Tennis & Racquet Club
Seasonal Squash Professional
(October, 2017 – April, 2018)
About the Tennis & Racquet Club
The Tennis & Racquet club was founded in 1902 and remains the oldest athletic and social club in the city of Boston. The club houses 3 international squash courts, 3 North American squash courts, a racquets court, a court tennis court and a comprehensive fitness centre.
The assistant professional will report to the Head Professional, Tony Hollins, and work closely with the rest of the staff and athletic committees to manage the day-to-day needs of the club including teaching squash lessons at all levels, a willingness to learn and promote racquets and court tennis, record keeping and billing, partner-matching, administration of in-house leagues and events, running tournaments, and stringing racquets. A squash playing level of over 5.5 is required. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and an outgoing, friendly manner. S/he will possess outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle many tasks at once.
- Teaching lessons and maintaining a loyal customer base
- Stringing squash racquets
- Working with the Head Professional to publicize and execute squash events
- Marketing squash participation to members
- Managing and administrating various internal initiatives and programs to continue to increase participation in all sports
- Liaising informal matches
- Corresponding with members on a daily basis
- Excellent people skills with a focus on involving others
- The ability to teach at all levels and abilities
- A playing ability of over 5.5
- Organizational skills to work with the Head Professional to manage and market events as well as the day-to-day operations of the Pro Shop
- A reliable, team-oriented individual with the ability to grasp the big picture
- A person of high ethical standards
- A positive outlook and generally enthusiastic demeanor
The successful candidate would ideally start in October of 2017. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.