Established in 1926, THE BRONXVILLE FIELD CLUB is a private racquets and swim club situated on eight beautiful acres in southern Westchester County, New York.
The BFC offers a very active and comprehensive squash program with 4 courts for the enjoyment of adult and junior members of all skill levels. An active adult team program includes more than 60 players. The junior program is one of the most active in the NE and boasts over 200 junior participants. The club’s high performance junior team is highly accomplished with many players competing and winning National level events and tournaments. A full complement of competitive and social squash programs is available for adult and junior enjoyment.
The Club has a rich history of producing good squash players of all levels and is looking for a coach that will dedicate significant time on court coaching juniors and adults. This role is well-suited for a coach looking for consistent hours with the longer-term goal of establishing a firm presence in the coaching industry.
The Role – Squash Professional
This is a full-time, year round position. The Professional is expected to spend considerable amount of time on court, including weekends.
The responsibility of the Professional will be to deliver a range of services customarily provided by a highly experienced professional. These services will include, but not limited to:
- Coach minimum of 5-7 hours of lessons / clinics each day
- Work 6 days per week including weekends
- Train high performance juniors for participation in US Squash tournaments
- Assure a consistent, efficient, seamless daily operation of Club wide squash operation; provide members and guests with an environment that meets the values of the Club
- Provide experience of playing at a high level of competitive squash
- String member racquets in a timely manner
- Assist the Director in communication, operations, programming and managements tasks with exemplary service
- Attend social squash events and tournaments
- Provide a positive attitude, passion for the game and engaging style. An approachable personality is essential element of success.
The following are preferred but not required:
- College Degree
- US Citizenship or Green Card
The compensation structure will include a salary plus hourly lesson and clinic rate that meets industry standards.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this opportunity, please prepare a cover letter of less than one page and resume of less than one page. All correspondence should be addressed to Supreet Singh at email@example.com.
Phone calls will not be accepted by the Club regarding this potion. Al inquiries regarding this position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.