Assistant Coach, Men’s & Women’s Squash
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
This 10-month (mid-August – mid-June) position assists the Head Coach in all phases of the Men’s and Women’s Squash Programs. This includes coaching and assisting in recruiting and administrative duties such as coordinating training and travel schedules and compiling and maintaining student-athlete participation and prospective student-athlete recruiting logs and other NCAA/Ivy League compliance information. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumni and friends groups. This position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation’s top squash players to our Division I non-scholarship program.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• One to three years coaching experience at the high school and/or collegiate level, collegiate coaching experience preferred.
• Competitive collegiate playing experience preferred.
• Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral communication, and computer skills.
• Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and the ability to coach and motivate.
• Ability to write, draft, edit correspondence, text for publications.
• The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/Pizzitola/Assistant-Coach–Men-s—Women-s-Squash_REQ145843-1
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.