Job Title: Executive Director / League Commissioner
The College Squash Association (CSA) seeks an Executive Director / League Commissioner beginning in the spring/summer of 2018. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator who commands respect and will be a fair and unbiased arbiter in a highly competitive environment. The Executive Director / League Commissioner will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization, interfacing with US Squash with whom the CSA intends to maintain a contractual relationship for a range of services, and will report directly to the CSA Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serve, along with the Chairman of the Board, as the organization’s most visible spokesperson.
- Support member institutions and coaches in all aspects of league management, including match scheduling, results reporting, and live scoring.
- Improve Internet promotion of CSA events and the sport in general. Boost content on the CSA’s website, live streaming, and social media.
- Direct the development and management of a sponsorship program to support CSA’s revenue goals and increase awareness of college squash.
- Direct communications for public consumption, with member institutions (including squash coaches and Athletic Directors), the Board of Directors, and sponsors.
- Optimize the organization’s contractual relationship with US Squash for services including Club Locker (live scoring), and event and championship management among other things.
- Lead and engage constituencies in ongoing strategic planning.
- Oversee budget development and implementation.
- Work with the Rules and Regulations Committee with regard to the reporting of infractions, rules enforcement, penalties, and officiating standards.
- Serve as the chief liaison between member institutions and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain and monitor records and archives.
- Be on hand at events and matches during evenings and on weekends during the CSA season (November-February)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years professional experience
- Strong website and social media skills and related experience
- Familiarity with NCAA rules, regulations, and compliance
- Participation in or leading strategic and budgetary planning a plus
- Experience in squash and/or interscholastic / collegiate sports administration a plus
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to commute to US Squash offices in either Manhattan or Philadelphia for an initial training period and for regular meetings thereafter.
The CSA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits offered will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the search committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in New York City, the CSA is the governing body overseeing all intercollegiate varsity squash in the United States. The CSA’s mission is to foster national intercollegiate varsity squash competition in service to elevating the values of sportsmanship, integrity and fair-play for all student-athletes, coaches, and their affiliated institutions, encouraging academic excellence and increasing the opportunities to play college squash.
For information on the CSA’s background, board leadership, and by-laws, go to https://csasquash.com/about/