Institution: Dickinson College (Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA) Position: Head Coach, Men’s and Women’s Squash
Description: The Dickinson College Squash Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the men’s and women’s varsity squash programs, including but not limited to; recruiting, scheduling, practice planning and instruction, and coaching of student-athletes. Additionally, the Head Coach will oversee the squash facility at the state-of-the-art Kline Center, and is responsible for ensuring that all who use the facility receive, and understand proper equipment and safety training. The Head Coach will also teach squash and related activities in the Dickinson College Physical Education department.
- Team Management and Planning. Pre-Season, Regular Season, Post Season plans for athletes. Scheduling of matches and practices. Organizing travel and accommodations for away matches. Game day management of home matches.
- Program and Department Duties including responding to emails, requests, departmental tasks.
- Emailing potential recruits or responding to inquiries. Going to events in North Recruiting prospective international students.
- Physical Education Duties. Teaching Squash as a physical education course. Lesson Plans and preparation for each class.
- Coaching Athletes. Time spent on court or off court working with athletes. Can include demonstrating proper technique, footwork, strength work, or video analysis work.
- Directing Practice. Leading and demonstrating all aspects of team practices during our Winter season.
- Bachelors’ degree required with 3-5 years of previous coaching experience.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the mastery of strategies associated with the sport.
Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 135 Clearance.
Valid Driver’s License: Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.
Apply online here.