East Coast Squash Academy is seeking a highly motivated and experienced female squash coach to join our team in Sydney, Australia.
The ideal professional candidate is a hard-working, passionate and resilient team player who is willing to continually learn and be pushed beyond their comfort zone. Candidates must possess a growth mindset and demonstrate excellent communication and personal productivity skills. This unique opportunity will see significant growth opportunities, both personally and professionally.
The successful candidate must:
- Report directly to The Academy Director
- Follow the coaching and business framework of The Academy
- Expertly deliver high-quality squash programs for members of every age and ability, beginners to top-ranked national women, men, girls, and boys
- Build, grow and maintain comprehensive squash programs through coaching, mentorship and skill development
- Reach sales targets, generate client conversions & maintain retention
- Manage, organize, promote, and oversee events such as camps, exhibitions, clinics, corporate events, etc.
- Enthusiastically work with fellow staff to maintain an inspiring, fun, positive and supportive work environment
- Proactively communicate, follow up and respond to members by phone and email
- Demonstrate and teach sportsmanship and teamwork to create strong core values and a sense of community among members and colleagues
- Demonstrate commitment to the student, passion for the sport, and ability to coach and motivate
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational, writing, interpersonal, oral communication, and computer skills.
- Be available to work flexible hours (eg. coach lessons at 6 am in the morning and/or coach lessons until 9 p.m.)
- Instruct and maintain strong working knowledge of the game utilizing deliberate practice principles
- Implement consistent service within all of our locations
- Demonstrate a growth mindset, be open to learning new skills and be able to personally and professionally develop within our team
- Have experience with word, excel, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Be open to coaching development from Australia’s most successful coaches/business mentors
- At least six years squash coaching/playing experience at club, national or professional level. Must have experience coaching beginner players (both children and adults).
- Employees/contractors in coaching positions are required to pass a minimum Level 1 National Coaching Certification.
- Working with Children Check
- First Aid Certification preferred
- Opportunity to coach 20+ hours a week
- Opportunity for long-term personal and professional growth; learning business development through external mentoring workshops & personal development events
- Accommodation in central Sydney at a discounted price
- Remuneration will be based on candidate’s previous experience
East Coast Squash Academy is currently based in 7 locations throughout greater Sydney, with access to over 7,000 players. The Academy’s success has resulted in rapid growth, and The Academy intends on broadening to other cities, both nationally and internationally.
For more details on the role:
Our hiring process is based on best practices methodology. In an effort to avoid wasting your time or ours, we employ a systemised and deliberate process to make the best decision to hire the right person, and at the same time making sure that you are 100% committed to following through.
If you fulfill all the above requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and three professional references (including full name, phone number, email address, and relationship to the candidate) 10th, July 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.