US Squash Seeks to Fill Senior Communications Role
US Squash seeks a Director of Content Strategy beginning in the fall/winter of 2018. The employee will be responsible for writing, editing, and producing print and digital content and providing leadership in brand and marketing strategies across all platforms. The position is based at the US Squash New York City office and will report to the Senior Vice President of Communications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write and edit content for US Squash digital, social and print communications channels
- Support implementation of communications plans at US Squash events
- Lead and implement brand and marketing strategies for US Squash, Club Locker and other initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of experience in communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and above average technology skills
- Experience with digital video, photography and social media content a plus
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits offered commensurate with experience.
About US Squash
US Squash is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which serves as the only national governing body and membership organization for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1904 and headquartered in New York City, it is a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, the Pan American Squash Federation and the World Squash Federation.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
US Squash is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which serves as the only national governing body and membership organization for the sport in the United States. US Squash’s mission is to lead squash’s growth and development by increasing access and awareness, supporting meaningful lifelong engagement in the sport, and encouraging sportsmanship while achieving competitive excellence at the highest levels.
US Squash is looking for a software developer to join our team and help take our platform to the next level. Successful candidates will be able to quickly write elegant code with an eye for design, and take a high degree of ownership over major projects.
– Full-time position with great benefits
– Casual work environment
– Talented team
– Flexible location; remote work available
– 80% new development with opportunities for professional advancement
– Developing and coding new features
– Brainstorming new ideas with the team
– Implementing your work
– Improving UX/UI
– Creating features from the ground up with AWS
– Bachelor Degree
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
US Squash is searching for candidates interested in working as on-site event staff for the 2018-2019 season. Each year, US Squash manages major championships throughout the country. Applicants will have the opportunity to work in a variety of roles alongside US Squash staff to foster a positive tournament experience for all attendees.
See below for a list of events with opportunities available. Please use this form to apply; applicants can indicate their interest to work at one or multiple events.
Tournament operations staff act in a variety of roles, including, but not limited to: match-flow management, technology, registration, and assisting players and fans with questions and other needs. Staff members must place a premium on customer service, and thrive in a fast-paced environment working within a team.
Match Supervisors work with players, coaches, parents and officials to ensure the smooth and fair operation of ongoing match play. Match supervisors uphold the standards of sportsmanship and conduct of players and spectators, ensure matches run in a timely manner, and liaise with the site director. Match supervisors do not act as referees, and therefore an in-depth knowledge of the rules of squash is not a requirement for candidates.
US Squash looks forward to working with interested applicants to make the 2018-2019 National Championship season a success.