Job Description & Summary:
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation’s capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will support the Men’s and Women’s Squash program by performing the following duties.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes for the program
- Assists in scouting and video preparation to prepare team for competition
- Assists in team coaching, preparing team for competition, and individual player development
- Assists in the coordination of team and individual travel for the purpose of team competition and player recruitment
- Assists in the match and event management
- Assists in monitoring academic, social, and personal development of student-athletes
- Maintains knowledge and remain current regarding all appropriate NCAA, Collegiate Squash Association, Department of Athletics and Recreation, and University compliance issues, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and communications with students, colleagues, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and general public
- Assist with maintaining team’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
The position is based at GW’s Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC but will require significant domestic travel for games and events. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
For more information and to apply online, click here.