Several changes have been made to the Junior Guidelines for the 2015-2016 season, effective September 30, 2015. Currently the guidelines are segmented out into ‘Junior Guidelines Before September 30, 2015’ and ‘Junior Guidelines Effective September 30, 2015’ sections to allow payers a chance to compare policies and see where the changes are.
US Squash has modified the timelines for National, JCT, and Gold level events in an effort to reduce the number of deadlines in the weeks leading up to a tournament. The weeks leading up to a tournament, will now follow the timelines below:
– Regular entry deadline is at 12:00pm NOON on the Wednesday 2.5 weeks before the start of the tournament.
– Division sizes will lock at 12:00pm NOON on the Wednesday 1.5 weeks before the start of the tournament.
– Online sign up will be taken down at 12:00pm, NOON on the Wednesday 1.5 weeks before the start of the tournament, which means players will no longer be able to sign up.
– The late withdraw deadline will be at 12:00pm NOON on the Wednesday 1.5 weeks before the start of the tournament (previously 5:00pm on Friday).
US Squash has updated the timelines for the release of start times and draws for JCT and National Championship tournaments. For the 2015-2016 season, US Squash will release information at the following dates:
– Division start times will be released before 5:00pm on the Friday one week before the start of the tournament.
– US Squash will no longer release first/second round start times on Tuesday.
– Complete draws will be released before 5:00pm on the Wednesday before the event.
Once draws are released, waitlisted players may still be moved to the main draw to replace withdrawing players as long as they are seeding points eligible (have fewer or equal points to the withdrawing player). US Squash reserves the right to reseed draws after being released based on the number of late withdraws. Additionally, the waitlist will close (no players will be moved from the waitlist to the main draw) at 12:00pm NOON one day before the tournament starts.
Finally, US Squash has added an exposure requirement for participation in the end of season U.S. Championships (Closed, Silver, and Bronze). In the 2015-2016 season, all players in these end of season championships must have a minimum of three active exposures as of the February 24, 2016 rankings cutoff date. Exposures can be across multiple age groups. US Squash reserves the right to allow participation in the case of prolonged injury, sickness, or other extraordinary circumstances.
For more information, visit ussquash.com/junior/guidelines.