SQUASH HEAD COACH
Lake Forest Academy seeks a Head Coach for the school’s squash team. The Head Coach will help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem within an environment that emphasizes student safety. The Head Coach reports to the Athletic Director. To apply, visit https://www.lfanet.org/employment.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement.
- Build a culture that will ensure ongoing participation in the program.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area at all times that students are present.
- Establish performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in the coach’s sport.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes/ overseas penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Assist in evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Enforce school athletic code.
- Report student injuries requiring medical attention immediately.
- Supervise the locker room before and after practice and secure the locker room.
- Control the use of improper language, enforce player conduct and training policies.
- Report promptly for all practice sessions and contests and dress according to the standards established by their sport.
- Develop an appropriate game plan and practice plan each week.
- Respond to parent inquiries about the program.
- Talk to prospective students and parents about the program.
Terms of Employment: Seasonal part-time position from November through February. A background check is required prior to employment.
- Prior experience in coaching squash
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have knowledge of rules, tactics, safety and conditioning aspects of Interscholastic Sports
- Must be willing to meet LFA coaching expectations
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Employment at Lake Forest Academy is “at-will,” which mean either you or Lake Forest Academy may terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
In accordance with Lake Forest Academy’s policies and state and federal law, receipt of this position is contingent upon the individual’s successful completion of all requirements to establish the legal right to work in the United States, as well as a background check. In the event Lake Forest Academy has not received a complete background check prior to the first day of employment, employment will be on a temporary basis until such results are successfully completed.
Lake Forest Academy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. This means Lake Forest Academy will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, religion, color, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, transitioned, transitioning or perceived to be transitioning), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy and breastfeeding, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Lake Forest Academy reasonably accommodates employees and/or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions of the job. If you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation, you must inform Lake Forest Academy’s Director of Business Services & Human Resources.
Founded in 1857, Lake Forest Academy is a coed, boarding school serving 430 academically bright and motivated students in grades 9 to 12 from across the globe. The Academy offers a rigorous curriculum focused on academic excellence and characterized by small classes and close faculty/student interaction. The school’s mission of educational excellence is founded on the four pillars of character, scholarship, citizenship, and responsibility. The LFA community places students at the center of their own learning and provides the support needed to develop confidence and strong values. Please visit our website http://www.lfanet.org/ for more information about us.