Job Description – Program Director / MetroSquash Evanston
Founded in Chicago in 2005, MetroSquash is an after-school, weekend, and summer program that provides transformative, life changing opportunities for underserved youth. After 13 years of successful programming for public school students on Chicago’s south side, MetroSquash will expand to Evanston in the fall of 2018. This expansion will be supported through a partnership with McGaw YMCA and use of their squash courts and academic space. With a strong squash community, world-class educational institutions, and students and families who can benefit from a high-impact after-school program, Evanston represents a compelling city for MetroSquash’s expansion.
The Program Director will be responsible for building and overseeing a preeminent program fully reflective of MetroSquash values and expectations. The position will report to and be supported by the Chief Program Officer (CPO) of MetroSquash.
- Recruit, retain and inspire a cohort of 20 6th grade students with demonstrated need from two partner schools in Year 1. This will expand to 40 6th/7th grade students in Year 2, and 60 6th/7th/8thgrade students in year 3
- Plan, lead, and implement all Evanston after-school, weekend and summer programming
- Represent MetroSquash in building and strengthening all Evanston partnerships, including the McGaw Y, partner schools, Beacon Academy, & Northwestern University
- In coordination with the CPO manage an expanding Evanston staff – in Year 1, an Academic Coordinator and Squash Coordinator
- Lead, manage, and motivate to create and maintain a structured, disciplined and inspiring staff, student and volunteer culture
- Implement measurement systems aligned with current MetroSquash outcomes to assess and demonstrate program effectiveness
- Collaborate with the entire MetroSquash staff and leadership to foster a fully integrated approach to academic, athletic and wellness development for each student
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Candidates should possess the following qualities: Proven leadership skills; impeccable attention to detail & work ethic; self-motivation & the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a van required
- Candidates should possess a majority of the following qualifications: At least 3 years of experience working with youth and their families from underserved and underrepresented communities; teaching and/or non-profit experience; program management experience; post-graduate education degree(s). Squash and/or athletic experience a plus but not mandatory
Hours: General hours are Monday through Friday 11am-7pm. The position entails weekend work – particularly on Saturdays during the school year. Vacation & Benefits: 20 days vacation the first year, 25 in the second year, and 30 in each subsequent year. Full health coverage, including dental. Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
6100 S. Cottage Grove Ave, Chicago IL 60637 773-241-5150 | www.metrosquash.org