Founded in Chicago in 2005, MetroSquash is an after-school, weekend, and summer program that provides transformative, life changing opportunities for underserved youth. After 13 years of successful programming for public school students on Chicago’s south side, MetroSquash will expand to Evanston in the fall of 2018. This expansion will be supported through a partnership with McGaw YMCA and use of their squash courts and academic space. With a strong squash community, world-class educational institutions, and students and families who can benefit from a high-impact after-school program, Evanston represents a compelling city for MetroSquash’s expansion.
The Squash Coordinator will be responsible for building and overseeing a preeminent program fully reflective of MetroSquash values and expectations. The position will report directly to the Evanston Program Director and the Chief Squash Officer (CSO) of MetroSquash.
- Work with the Program Director to recruit, retain and inspire a cohort of 20 6th grade students with demonstrated need from two partner schools in Year 1. This will expand to 40 6th/7th grade students in Year 2, and 60 6th/7th/8th grade students in year 3
- Plan and implement daily squash, fitness, and wellness programming, including summer camp
- Coordinate weekend squash practices, competitions, including all travel planning
- Research and connect students to external summer and year-round squash opportunities
- Track, analyze and report on all relevant program measures (attendance, fitness, squash, etc.)
- Represent MetroSquash in building and strengthening all Evanston partnerships, including the McGaw Y, partner schools, Beacon Academy, & Northwestern University
- Strengthen existing and develop new relationships and partnerships within the squash community, both locally and in the Chicagoland area
- Work with Volunteer Director to build and maintain active squash volunteer support base
- Collaborate with the entire MetroSquash staff and leadership to foster a fully integrated approach to academic, athletic and wellness development for each student
Qualifications & Qualities:
- Candidates should possess a majority of the following qualifications: Extensive squash instructional experience; experience with after-school & youth programming; program management experience; event management experience. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a van required.
- Candidates should possess the following qualities: Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams; impeccable attention to detail & work ethic; ability to work well with teams; self-motivation & the ability to manage multiple projects.
Hours: General hours are Monday through Friday 11am-7pm. The position entails weekend work – particularly on Saturdays during the school year. Vacation & Benefits: 20 days vacation the first year, 25 in the second year, and 30 in each subsequent year. Full health coverage, including dental. Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
6100 S. Cottage Grove Ave, Chicago IL 60637 773-241-5150 | www.metrosquash.org