Founded in Chicago in 2005, MetroSquash is an after-school, weekend, and summer program that provides transformative, life changing opportunities for underserved youth. After 13 years of successful programming for public school students on Chicago’s south side, MetroSquash will expand to Evanston in the fall of 2018. This expansion will be supported through a partnership with McGaw YMCA and use of their squash courts and academic space. With a strong squash community, world-class educational institutions, and students and families who can benefit from a high-impact after-school program, Evanston represents a compelling city for MetroSquash’s expansion.
The Chief Squash Officer will be responsible for overseeing and advancing all squash and wellness activities at both MetroSquash locations and ensuring that all programming is fully reflective of MetroSquash values and expectations. The position reports to the CEO and works collaboratively with the Board, Chief Program and Chief Operating Officers. The position entails requires frequent travel and work on weekends and evenings.
- Plan and implement school year squash and wellness programming for 220 MetroSquash students in 5th grade through college graduation at two locations
- Run a 4 week squash & wellness component of summer camps at two locations, in addition to sourcing and managing external squash & wellness opportunities for students
- At MetroSquash Woodlawn – manage and evaluate – full-time High School Squash Director, full- time Middle School Squash Director, part-time Fitness Director, in addition to engaging hourly assistants and volunteers
- At MetroSquash Evanston – support the Program Director in ensuring quality of squash curriculum, instruction, and management of squash/wellness staff
- Build and maintain relationships with college squash coaches and advocate for MetroSquash college-level players
- Coordinate and plan student participation in tournaments, eternal summer squash camps
- Plan and run MetroSquash squash tournaments each year – including MetroSquash Cup event and US Squash sanctioned Gold / Silver / Bronze tournaments
- Strengthen existing and develop new relationships and partnerships within the squash community, both locally and nationally
- Work with CEO, Board & Program Committee, Chief Program Officer, Chief Operating Officer to budget, track, analyze and report outcomes to all constituent groups and funders
- Collaborate with MetroSquash staff to foster a fully integrated approach to academic, athletic and wellness development for each student
Salary/Benefits: $70,000 salary and additional earning potential through UChicago Squash Team coaching & summer camps. MetroSquash provides a generous vacation & benefits package
Qualifications: 10 years of professional squash and/or squash coaching experience. Experience working with underserved youth, and a background in education preferred. Valid driver’s license required
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to David Kay – firstname.lastname@example.org