Job Description – High School Squash Coordinator / MetroSquash South Side
Founded in Chicago in 2005, MetroSquash is an after-school, weekend, and summer program that provides transformative, life changing opportunities for underserved youth. In 2015 MetroSquash opened the 8 court Hussain MetroSquash Center in the Woodlawn community on Chicago’s South Side. The High School Squash Coordinator reports to the Chief Squash Officer (CSO) and will engage students to reach their full potential on & off court and help build MetroSquash into a national leader in program quality and excellence. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the squash and fitness levels and health and wellness of High School students. The High School Squash Coordinator will be high energy, a great communicator, experienced with serving youth, organized, and love the MetroSquash mission.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement school year Squash Program for MetroSquash students from 9th through12th grade, including bi-annual skills testing and high school ladder.
- Develop Summer Squash Program and assist with 4 week Summer Camps.
- Engage and manage Up2Us coach and volunteers on the squash courts.
- Collaborate with academic staff to foster a fully integrated approach to academic, athletic and wellness development for each student including facilitating family meetings.
- Assist in the running of MetroSquash hosted tournaments, events, tryouts and clinics.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of student participation in junior tournaments, urban squash events and external summer squash camps.
- Track high school squash testing, tournament participation, attendance and all other relevant program metrics.
Qualifications & Qualities:
- Candidates should possess a majority of the following qualifications: Extensive squash instructional experience; experience with after-school & youth programming; program management experience; event management experience.
- Candidates should possess the following qualities: Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams; impeccable attention to detail & work ethic; ability to work well with teams; self-motivation & the ability to manage multiple projects. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a van required.
Hours: General hours are Monday through Friday 11am-7pm. The position entails weekend work – particularly on Saturdays during the school year. Vacation & Benefits: 20 days’ vacation the first year, 25 in the second year, and 30 in each subsequent year. Full health coverage, including dental.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
6100 S. Cottage Grove Ave, Chicago IL 60637 773-241-5150 | www.metrosquash.org