MISS PORTER’S SCHOOL
Title: Head Varsity Squash Coach
Department: Athletic Department
Job Status: Part-time, work flexible hours (mostly afternoons) including weekends
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Lead the Porter’s Squash program under the guidance and in support of the athletic department. Responsible for the coaching of student athletes in game strategies and techniques in preparation for Varsity level competition.
- Attend all preseason and postseason meetings scheduled by the Athletics Department and NEPSAC.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport and experience leading/organizing a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for working with high school students.
- Commitment to working collegially in a diverse community and communicating effectively with a diverse population
- Organizes and runs appropriate practices in preparation for high-level competition.
- Work to put in place instructional goals and objectives to help ensure overall educational success of the student-athletes
- Communicates team policies and expectations clearly to student-athletes
Communicates regularly and effectively with athletic department on team needs
Has thorough knowledge of Athletic Department and Founder’s League policies
Communicates regularly and effectively with athletic trainers on health status of athletes.
Assist student-athletes looking to play competitively at the collegiate level in the process of recruitment
Report scores and statistics in an efficient and timely manner
Maintain statistics and records for the season
3 years experience as a head/assistant squash coach.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
Must possess strong leadership skills. Experience with and knowledge of developing a squash program. General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures. Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior. Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills. Strong problem solving skills.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest electronically (include job title in your subject line) to:
Avi Dubnov, Director of Athletics