The Big Blue Squash Program at Pingry continues to expand in New Jersey. We are looking to hire a full time assistant squash professional with a start date of June 1st 2019. Our facility (opened in January 2017) includes eight singles squash courts, a fitness center and locker rooms. We offer a great working environment and an innovative approach to growing the game to both juniors and adults in the local community. This season, the school hosted both Bronze and Silver US Squash Junior sanctioned events and looks to add more junior and adult tournaments in the coming year.
The position will work with our Director of Squash; Tina Rix, to help continue the successful growth of our junior and adult programs.
The successful candidate will need to work as part of a team with our existing staff in the following areas:
- 20-25 hours per week on-court coaching during the season
- Coach junior and adult members from beginners to advanced players
- Potentially Travel to junior tournaments both in and out of state
- Assist in organizing and delivering all US Squash sanctioned events
- Organize and deliver local and club squash events as assigned
- Drive new programs to help continually grow and sustain participation
- Assist and promote summer squash camps
Applicants should have:
- A strong playing background – PSA Tour or College team
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- A genuine passion to teach the game and shape the character of young players
- Certified coaching qualifications
- Prior experience in conducting, promoting and managing events and US Squash sanctioned tournaments
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Tina Rix: email@example.com.