With squash on a growth trajectory and a high demand for talented young leaders in the sport, US Squash in partnership with Portland Community Squash is offering a leadership development summer internship.
Portland Community Squash (PCS) is a leader in the community squash movement by operating one of the country’s first mixed-use squash and education facilities in Portland, ME. The community squash programs combine the best aspects of memberships, local school programs, and the squash + education alliance framework. All programs are intentionally diverse and accessible to all members of the Portland community. In the first year of operations, PCS brought on 215 members, 200 students, and generated $1M of revenue.
- Work directly with PCS President + Executive Director, Barrett Takesian, to learn every aspect of the business: fundraising, accounting, program design, staff management, communication, program tracking, and database management.
- Participate in US Squash coach certification program and become level I certified.
- Learn about US Squash programs, event management and tournament software.
- Work directly with US Squash staff to deliver an accredited event.
- Receive a stipend for coaching at the PCS summer camps – work with a diverse group of students, representing 26 countries of origin, from 9 am – 12 pm.
- Spend the summer in Portland, ME, one of the most popular summer destinations in the United States. Home-stays and rentals available.
Apply for the summer internship at ussquash.com/internship-pcs.