The Princeton Club of New York
POSITION TITLE: Director of Athletics/Squash Professional
Reports to: General Manager
Schedule: 40 hours per week. Weekly schedule will vary depending on business needs and will be greater during certain periods of the year. The Director of Athletics/Squash Professional will need to manage an expansive schedule to assure proper coverage of Desk, Locker Room at all times.
Compensation: Competitive salary and full benefits package, Pro Shop Commission, and Lessons
Start Date: Immediately
General Job Description: This position is a multi-faceted job with profit and loss and operational responsibility for the Athletics Area and Squash Program
• Provides Members/Guests with squash lessons and schedules squash tournaments.
• Hires, trains, schedules, and evaluates all Squash & Athletic Department personnel.
• Completes the weekly payroll report and submits to Payroll for processing.
• Oversees facilities and equipment to ensure safety, cleanliness, and good working order as well as member charges, locker rental records, and engineering work.
• Responsible for the inventory and sales of the Pro Shop merchandise.
• Assures the proper communication to members/guests regarding facility/equipment repairs and/or temporary closings.
• Bachelors Degree with 2-5 years as Professional Squash player, trainer, and/or coach.
• Managerial experience running an athletic facility within club/hotel preferred.
• Tournament and competitive squash background a plus.
• Professional and courteous demeanor at all times
• Ability to work independently or within a group.
• Willingness to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills.
• Enjoys working in team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Athletics teaching experience preferred.
Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with clients, and other staff by remaining accessible and communicating clearly and concisely.
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org