Summary of Position:
Squash On Fire, the first and only membership-free squash facility in Washington D.C., seeks an Executive Director beginning in the summer/fall of 2019. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional manager, business leader and strategic planner who is able to both inspire a team and build a community around one of the fastest growing clubs in the nation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization, interacting with local and national partners, and working with the entire Squash On Fire team to develop world-class programming and drive revenue across all business areas. The Executive Director reports directly to ownership and is supported by a team of 30+ full and part-time coaching, marketing, restaurant and operational staff.
About Squash On Fire:
A stunning and award-winning 20,000 square foot facility located in the booming West End neighborhood of Washington D.C., Squash On Fire is building a community around one of the fastest growing sports in the US. With a mission of becoming the center for squash excellence, Squash On Fire and its world-class coaches offer programming for all levels and ages. Our beautiful eight-court facility is complemented by locker rooms, a proshop, and personal training gym, as well as our courtside, full-service café and bar, the Upper West Side Café. Join our team at Squash On Fire, D.C’s premier way to play, dine, and mingle.
- Serve as a visible leader and chief ambassador for Squash On Fire in the local, national, and international scene.
- Work with ownership to define and implement strategic goals of the organization.
- Provide exceptional management of and leadership to all business functions, including marketing, operations, squash programming, and restaurant.
- Oversee budget development and management, tracking and regularly reporting on financial and marketing metrics to prove business growth.
- Direct public communications and outreach efforts to local, national, and international audience.
- Maintain relationships and negotiate all contracts with partners and vendors, including schools, on-site contractors, third party vendors, and other users of the space.
- Drive sales efforts, including on-site retail, business-to-business opportunities, and sale of proprietary booking system, Advantage Booking.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and team management
- Experience in squash, collegiate/interscholastic, or professional sports
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits offered will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the search committee at email@example.com
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as is protected by local, state or federal law.