St. Lawrence University is now accepting applications for a head mens and women’s squash coach. This is a full-time, 10-month, position. The head squash coach will be responsible for the organization, administration, coaching and recruitment of student-athletes. The head coach will also be responsible for the following:
- Recruitment of highly qualified student-athletes
- Direct student-athlete development both on and off the court; ensuring academic success, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and promotion of positive values consistent with the mission of St. Lawrence University
- Program organization; including practice planning, and game preparation
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, and effectively provide direction to one graduate assistant coach
- Management of all phases of a CSA squash program
- Additional responsibilities include a secondary assignment, as well as other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred)
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse, quality student-athletes
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty/staff, University community members and alumni
- Knowledge of all CSA and Liberty League rules & regulations pertaining to men’s and women’s squash
- Must have a philosophy compatible with highly selective academic standards within a Liberal Arts University that supports diversity and inclusivity
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located in Canton, N.Y., St. Lawrence University is a competitive NCAA Division III liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
To apply, please visit https://employment.stlawu.edu/postings/1693