US Squash’s Regional Squads are a developmental pathway for junior players, providing elite coaching to top juniors within seven regions across the US. Groups of elite players will meet several times throughout the season with National Team coaches for one-day training sessions in November 2016 and April 2017, culminating in the Team Regional Championships taking place June 23-25, 2016.
Great Lakes – Cincinnati Country Club, April 29 & 30, 2017
Mid Atlantic – Meadow Mill Athletic Club, April 29, 2017
New England – Noble and Greenough School, April 29, 2017
Connecticut – Greenwich Academy, April 29, 2017
New York – StreetSquash Harlem, April 30, 2017
Pennsylvania – Episcopal Academy, May 6, 2017
West Coast – Bay Club San Francisco, April 29 & 30, 2017
Locations – Great Lakes = Cincinnati ; Mid Atlantic = Baltimore ; New England = Boston ; CT = Greenwich ; NY = NYC ; Penn = PHL ; West Coast = SF
Regional Squads are available for boys and girls in the U13, U15 and U17 age divisions, with up to 4 players per region for Regional Squad Training events based on registered interest. These Regional Squads are designed for the players and coaches only. Parents are not allowed to be present during these sessions.
Regional Squad Qualification
A. Player is ranked within the top 50 in their age division as of three weeks prior to the Regional Squad taking place. Note that for the Great Lakes region, players within the top 75 in their age division as of three weeks prior to the Regional Squad taking place.
B. Player must be age eligible for each Squad Training Session on the day of the squad, regardless of the entry deadline date. Example: If the squad date is November 16th and a player ages up on November 15th then they will only be eligible for the older age category.
C. Players only qualify to participate in the Squad Training Session that takes place in the region in which they reside for the majority of the year. Please note: Players that reside in northern New Jersey will be eligible for the NY Regional Squad and players residing in central New Jersey will be eligible for the Pennsylvania Regional Squad.
D. Other selections at the discretion of US Squash.
E. All participants must be current U.S. Citizens.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
Regional Squad Dates
There will be two Regional Squad Training Sessions throughout the 2015-2016 season. Each region will host a Regional Squad on:
- November 19-20, 2016 depending on location
- April 29-30, 2017 depending on location
Regional Squad Locations
1. The Great Lakes Region – Cincinnati
• Includes players living in these states: IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, SD, WI, WV
2. The Mid Atlantic Region – Baltimore
• Includes players living in these states: DC, DE, MD, VA
3. The New England Region – Boston
• Includes players living in these states: MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
4. The Connecticut Region – Greenwich
• Includes players living in these states: CT
5. The New York Area Region – New York City
• Includes players living in these states: NY, Northern NJ
6. The Pennsylvania Area Region – Philadelphia
• Includes players living in these states: PA, Southern NJ
7. The Western States Region – San Francisco
• Includes players living in these states: AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY
Building on the increased attention to elite junior activity at the regional level, US Squash has announced the introduction of a new team competition, the Regional Team Championships. The selection criteria and competition will mirror that of the Ontario-American Challenge whereby the top four players in each age group and gender will be invited to represent their region in the inaugural championships to take place on June 23-25, 2017 at Yale University in New Haven.
The Regional Team Championships is part of the new Regional Squad initiative where the top ranked juniors in each region are invited to compete against one another. There are 2 Regional Squads that take place each season where the highest ranked juniors are able to train as a team, creating a strong team dynamic and working towards a common goal before competing together in the Team Championships.
The 2017 Regional Team Championships will take place on June 23-25 at Yale University in New Haven.
A total of 4 players are invited in each of the boys and girls divisions in the U13, U15, and U17 age divisions, bringing together 24 players total for each region.
A. The top 4 ranked players in their age division as of the March 22, 2017 Rankings Calculation in each region. Note: Please see the new ‘Regional Rankings’ list on the rankings page here.
B. If one of the higher ranked players is unable to participate, the next ranked player from the March 22, 2017 Rankings Calculation will be invited to the event.
C. Players that are age-eligible as of February 24, 2017 may compete in that age division even if they age out of the division before the competition. Example: If a player competed in the U15’s at the Junior Closed and turned 15 years of age between then and the Regional Team Championship then the player is still eligible to participate in the U15’s for the Regional Team Championships.
D. All participants must be current U.S. Citizens.
The competition will mirror the tournament schedule of the World Junior Championships.
• 4 players selected per age division per gender.
• The Head Regional Coach selects 3 players from each age group whose score will count in each match; the fourth (#4) players will play a match but the result will not count towards the team score.
• The 3 players selected can/will change for each match.
• The match score is the aggregate of the 18 matches, therefore the first team to win 10 matches wins.
• All Regions will play each other once in a Round Robin format.
– In the case of a tie, the winner is decided by a games won count back
– If two teams have the same final record, the winner is decided by their head to head result
– If three or more teams have the same final record, the winner is decided by the team that has won the most amount of games overall
Connecticut Head Coach
Great Lakes Head Coach
Cincinnati Country Club
Mid-Atlantic Head Coach
Barehills Racquet and Fitness
New England Head Coach
Cross Courts Squash and Fitness Center
New York Head Coach
The Chatham Club
Pennsylvania Head Coach
West Coast Head Coach