The St. James is actively seeking Squash Professionals at its Springfield, VA location.
The St. James is the premier sports, wellness and active entertainment destination in the country, with 450,000 sq. ft. of developmental and competitive programs, teams and opportunities in more than 30 sports, and a wide range of premium fitness, wellness and entertainment experiences. The squash professionals will work directly for the Director of Squash at The St. James to develop and operate the leading squash program in the Greater Washington Region.
- Assist the Director of Squash in the development of program schedules and maximize the utilization of program facilities
- Coach and instruct athletes, both individually and in groups, regarding appropriate squash strategies, tactics and skills
- Supervise squash athletes in connection with meets, combines, tournaments and showcases
- Help maintain squash equipment and supplies in the Squash & Golf Center
- Develop and sustain positive relationships with athletes, families and guests of The St. James
- Serve as a brand ambassador for The St. James in the community and maximize the exposure and growth of the squash program at The St. James
- Supporting the safety of all members, guests and employees.
- Two or more years of successful coaching, administrative, management, or similar experience in squash with demonstrated leadership ability
- Squash Level 1 Certified- or European Equivalent
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and troubleshoot daily operations, services, and safety of all squash programs
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Background check and drug screen required
- Knowledgeable of safety training, procedures and best practices used throughout the sports and wellness industry.
For more information, please visit our website: www.thestjames.co
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
If interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org