The T Squash Academy: Assistant Squash Professional Position
The T Squash Academy continues to expand in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are looking to hire a full time assistant squash professional with a start date of January 1st 2018. Our facility includes eight (8) singles squash courts, a Fitness Center, a study area for junior players, locker rooms and a bar / lounge for parents. We offer a great working environment and an innovative approach to growing the game in the Midwest. This season the club has hosted one of each US Squash Junior sanctioned events – Bronze, Silver, Gold and JCT, as well as local and regional adult tournaments.
The T Squash Academy is an inclusive community that fosters personal growth of Cincinnati youth, supported by our core values of kindness, respect and grit.
The position will work with our Head Squash Professional, Jon Geekie, to help continue the successful growth of our adult and junior programs.
The successful candidate will need to work as part of a team with our existing staff in the following areas:
- 20-25 hours per week on-court coaching during the season
- Coach junior and adult members from beginners to advanced players
- Travel to junior tournaments both in and out of state
- Assist in organizing and delivering all US Squash sanctioned events
- Organize and deliver local and club squash events as assigned
- Manage box leagues, ladders and adult teams
- Drive new programs to help continually grow & sustain membership
- Assist and promote summer and winter squash camps
Applicants should have:
- A strong playing background – PSA Tour or College team
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- A genuine passion to teach the game and shape the character of young players
- Certified coaching qualifications
- Prior experience in conducting, promoting and managing events and U.S. Squash sanctioned tournaments
Compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience and credentials. Interested candidates can send a resume and two cover letters to email@example.com