TRINITY COLLEGE (Hartford, CT)
Trinity College in Hartford CT, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a full time assistant coach for our Men’s Squash team.
DUTIES: This position will assist the Head Men’s Squash Coach in all phases (coaching, recruiting and administrative duties) of the men’s Squash program. This includes recruiting, video analysis, coaching, and administrative duties within the department. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the team, including teaching, coaching and fundraising activities; provide support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. The assistant coach will also be involved in Trinity’s community squash efforts. The assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the College. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current LG/AED/CPR and First Aid certifications (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
The position supports all efforts to continue to attract the worlds’s top student-athletes to our Division III program.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Six years coaching/playing experience at the collegiate and/or professional level.
- Ability to recruit within and knowledge & understanding of NCAA and NESCAC rules.
- Strong organizational; writing; interpersonal; oral communication, and computer skills needed.
- Knowledge and experience with word, excel, power point, video editing software, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and ability to coach and motivate.
- Ability to teach physical education courses in aquatics preferred.
- Must maintain certification in First Aid/CPR/AED throughout entire appointment.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Trinity College prior to commencing employment.
- Taxable housing benefit provided by the college
- Medical & Dental Insurance plan for purchase
- 1 meal per day in the dining hall
- Tuition remission to take graduate classes here at Trinity
APPLICATION: All applicants must apply at https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/1622 by submitting their resume and cover letter as well as list 3 references. Please address letter of interest, resume, and references to:
Head Coach, Men’s Squash
300 Summit St
Hartford, CT 06106
Trinity College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any accommodation in order to participate more fully in the application process.