Union Club of the City of New York – Assistant Squash Professional
The Union Club manages one of the most robust squash programs (singles and doubles) in the City. This is a terrific opportunity to assist the Head Squash Professional organize and direct all club squash activities, events, exhibitions, tournaments, bookings and lessons.
EXPECTED WORK SCHEDULE: Wednesday through Sunday.
Demonstrated excellence in squash singles and doubles
Professional communication skills–written and oral–and appropriate tone with members and co-workers
Strong organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, online booking and billing systems
Proven ability to work in a team environment
1) Ensure members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all needs
2) Provide doubles and singles lessons for members in the techniques and strategies of squash singles and doubles and also weekend junior lessons.
3) String squash racquets for members to ensure 48-hour turn around
4) Be visibly present in the pro shop or on court during peak periods of play
5) Maximize court usage by encouraging play and arranging games among members
6) Assist with monitoring the online booking for completeness, accuracy, appropriateness of pro shop constructed games, cancellations, double bookings, notification needs etc.
7) Help ensure members enter or report all squash match results
8) Deliver match reminders for club championship and member guest matches
9) Assist in court billings and pro shop merchandizing/sales
10) Work with the Head Squash Professional to maintain member database
OTHER COMMON RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administer and enforce club policies and procedures both on and off court
Help maintain and improve knowledge of the game of squash and coaching techniques
Work with the Head Squash Professionals to manage ancillary facilities (lockers and gym)
Inspect and maintain cleanliness, organization, safety and repair of all courts and common areas
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send or email your credentials to:
Jonny Smith, Head Squash Professional
The Union Club of the City of New York
101 East 69th Street, New York, NY, 10021