Summary: The University of Pennsylvania’s Squash Center is seeking squash professionals. Our newly renovated facility will re-open in mid-September 2019 and will consist of 12 courts, including a pair of championship glass-wall courts. This position is responsible for conducting squash lessons and programs for all ages and ability levels.
- Plan, coordinate and teach squash clinics for a wide variety of age groups and skill levels. Clinics include stroke development, squash rules and point play.
- Provide private, semi-private and group lessons for beginner through advanced level players.
- Assists with organizing local tournaments and member events hosted by Penn Squash Center
- Serve as a lead squash professional during summer camp programming, assisting Camp Director with camp flow, lesson plans and supervision of on court instruction.
- Maintain courts in a professional manner and ensure a safe environment for all those who use the facility.
- Effectively enforce university and facility policies and maintain appropriate behavior of participants in accordance with squash etiquette norms and Penn policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or GED and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
US Squash Coach certification preferred, or willingness to get US Squash coaching certification.
Professional or collegiate playing experience preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude.
Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner.
Ability to multi-task and learn quickly.
Possess time management and organizational skills.
Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Pay: Compensation is based on hourly pay and is commensurate with experience.
Apply: All qualified applications should email their resume to Ellah Nze at firstname.lastname@example.org