US Squash will host two awards dinners as featured events of the 2019 U.S. Junior Championships and Junior Silver Championships. These special events will celebrate junior players who embody squash’s core values of sportsmanship, excellence, fair play and respect.
The second annual US Squash Junior Awards Dinner will take place at the Boars Head Pavilion in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday, March 16. US Squash also will host the inaugural Silvebration Dinner on Saturday, April 6 at the Sheraton Stamford Ballroom in Stamford, CT. The Silvebration marks the first time an awards dinner will be held in conjunction with the U.S. Junior Silver Championships. Both dinners will celebrate the achievements of junior players, graduating seniors and families leaving the junior program as the 2018 – 2019 season concludes.
Three awards will be presented during the US Squash Junior Awards Dinner to players qualifying for the National Juniors in Charlottesville:
- The DeRoy Junior Sportsmanship Award – honoring two graduating seniors, Udai Pal and Elizabeth Lentz, for their exemplary behavior both on and off the squash court while competing at a high level;
- Age Division Sportsmanship Awards – recognizing one player from each division U11 to U17 who has displayed outstanding sportsmanship throughout the season;
- The William T. Ketcham Jr. Award – given to one player from each age division who has shown extraordinary commitment to the sport while significantly improving their game. Recipients will be the boy and girl in each division displaying the largest ranking increase between March 21, 2018 to February 27, 2019, who also qualified for the National Juniors.
Thank you to the Junior Awards Dinner Patrons for their support of the event:
-Jim and Linda Robinson
-The Kang Family
-The Mackesy Family
-The Minnis Family
-The O’Connor Family
Two awards will be presented during the Silvebration dinner to players qualifying for the Junior Silver Nationals in Stamford.
- Silver Age Division Sportsmanship Award – honoring one player from each age division U11 to U19 who has displayed outstanding sportsmanship throughout the season;
- William T. Ketcham, Jr. Most Improved Award – given to one player from each age division who has demonstrated outstanding dedication to the sport while improving the level of their game. Recipients will be the boy and girl in each division displaying the largest ranking increase between March 21, 2018 to February 27, 2019, who also qualified for the Silver Nationals.
At both dinners, graduating seniors who are moving on to college and parents whose final child is graduating from junior squash will also be recognized.
The dinners will take place from 7:00pm-9:00pm EDT. Tournament participants receive complimentary tickets to the dinners. For further information and tickets, please visit the US Squash Junior Awards Dinner (Charlottesville) ticketing page, or the US Squash Silvebration (Stamford) ticketing page.
Follow the live streaming and live scores of all matches during both weekends at ussquash.com/live powered by Club Locker.