Westchester Country Club, located in Rye NY, (25 minutes north of NYC) is looking to hire an assistant squash professional. The club is located in the heart of the squash world on the East coast. The club has merited a reputation as one of the Top 100 Most Prestigious in the United States.
Our 1500 Club Members and their families enjoy world-class facilities including our Squash Building that boasts 6 singles courts and 1 doubles court. We also offer two championship Golf Courses, a 9-hole Executive Course, Golf Learning Center, 15 Har-Tru Tennis Courts, 5 Grass Tennis Courts, 5 Platform Tennis Courts, an indoor Pool and Fitness facility.
The Main club features approximately 55 Member apartments and 70 luxury suites and guest rooms. There are extensive dining, banquet and conference room facilities. There is also a Beach Club, which is a seasonal operation, located 3 miles from the Main Club and has breathtaking views of Long Island Sound.
The squash program has an active base of junior and adult players. We host an annual SDA Pro Doubles tournament, and an annual PSA World Tour singles event is being added to the calendar. In addition to this, WCC plays host to a variety of different National and regional adult and junior tournaments.
Qualified candidates will be motivated and enjoy a team setting, thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our Members of all ages.
- Teaching lessons and clinics to all levels of player
- Day to day organization of junior clinic programs
- Teaching clinics, playing and/or learning hardball doubles
- Assisting with pro shop administrative duties and front desk coverage
- Assisting with Tournaments, Exhibitions and Event management
- General communication and marketing tasks with and for the membership
- Traveling to various tournaments for coaching
- Enhancing the club environment and engaging the membership in a proactive way to attract more players
WCC offers an exciting working environment, competitive compensation package including base salary, hourly lesson rate, health insurance, and meals.
In applying, candidates should include:
- Current or recent high ranking in International, United States or College competition
- Coaching experience
- Computer aptitude
Preference will be shown to candidates who can currently work in the United States and have a 4 year college degree. This position is available starting September 1st.
Candidates satisfying the criteria are encouraged to email their resume and supporting documents to Ms. Natalie Grainger. Ngrainger@wccclub.org, add SQUASH PROFESSIONAL in subject field of email. Please save your resume and letter (format WORD or PDF) in the following manner:
“Last Name. First Name Resume” & “Last Name. First Name Cover Letter”